Two Scarves

Mr. Love Bear is wearing two scarves. The first is the one that came with him. The second is one that I found on a dog walk. Mr. Love Bear was found, too. Out and about during hours that I normally would not be if still employed, I spotted a large pink, stuffed bear on the boulevard. (Here, where I live, the word boulevard refers to the spot of grass, or concrete, between the sidewalk and the street.) Mr. Love Bear was there, resting against a lamppost. I passed him, then circled the block and returned to his spot of relaxation. A light snow was falling and I decided that leaving Mr. Love Bear in inclement weather was a crime. I hugged him and he felt good, which isn't surprising since his scarf says "love" on it and one paw has hearts on it. The size of a five-year-old, he took a backseat in my car, but I knew that he was not mine. So, I posted Mr. Love Bear's finding online and on the lamppost where I found him. Only one response was received from woman's whose son lost his small bear. Donation was briefly considered and then I hugged Mr. Love Bear again. A friend visited. She was sad and hugged Mr. Love Bear. We both felt better. He sits now in a rocking chair wearing a second scarf. This one is green and hand knitted. Probably it belonged to a real five-year-old who lost it while sledding at the park across the street. Now, the new scarf helps to hold up Mr. Love Bear's head. It keeps him--and me-- a bit warmer on these winter days.

Comments