Road Trip

Cold again. Minus 5, but feels like minus 22. For the first time this season I'm wearing the second skin layer usually reserved for outdoors. Not too bad to feel extra warm. The car needs heating as well. Heading from the garage, to the street, to the avenue, to the highway and then the interstate. There is no destination. Maybe south bound to have the sun on my face. I pass the airport and speed up so that a passenger jet coming in for landing might fly overhead as I go underneath its belly. This has happened before. Timing is key so I accelerate. Miss it, but a second is coming. Too slow again. Awe is the feeling that swells inside as the planes land. We're both on a trip. Mine not as exciting as lifting up to the sky. Instead, I head north on highway 212 without knowing where it leads. Then, road signs with familiar names. This road connects to another, taking me back to my starting point, circling without trying. 

Comments